SELECT A LOCATION
You can now click any data on the map and see information about it
Measure area or distance by selecting an option below and drawing on the map. Then click anywhere to begin to draw, double-click to finish.
HABITAT ANALYSIS TOOL
Draw a circle OR polygon on the map with the tools below to see the habitat distribution within that areaRadius:
Clicking the button below will allow you to select data for download. Once you have selected data and provided the required contact information, you will be contacted by a representative from the Living Oceans Foundation at the email address you provide with further instructions.
Habitat Analysis Tool
The information shown here depicts the composition of various habitat types within the selected polygon.
Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
KSLOF Reef Maps Geographic Information System
BY USING THIS Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation REEF MAPS GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEM (KSLOF Reef maps gis) OR DOWNLOADING ASSOCIATED DATA, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE THIS KSLOF REEF MAPS GIS NOR DOWNLOAD ASSOCIATED DATA.
Any and all data files that are delivered to you by Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation, Inc. (KSLOF) through the KSLOF Reef Maps GIS application or download tool are the copyrighted work of Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation, Inc. Any and all uses of KSLOF Reef Maps GIS are governed by the terms of this End User License Agreement ("License Agreement" or "Agreement"). KSLOF data are made available solely for use by authorized end users according to the terms of this License Agreement. Any use, reproduction, modification or distribution of KSLOF data not expressly authorized by the terms of this License Agreement is expressly prohibited. NOT FOR NAVIGATION: Living Oceans Foundation reef maps are unsuitable for navigation and must not be used for navigation of any kind.
1. Grant of a Limited Use License. Subject to your agreement to and continuing compliance with this License Agreement, Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation grants, and you hereby accept, a limited, non-exclusive license to use the KSLOF Reef Maps GIS and associated data files for your non-commercial educational and scientific research purposes only. All use of KSLOF Reef Maps GIS is subject to this License Agreement and to the limited use described in the preceding sentence, which you must accept before you can use this software and the associated data.
A. All title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights in and to the KSLOF Reef Maps GIS products and data, and all copies thereof, are owned by the Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation. The data and maps are protected by the copyright laws of the United States, international treaties and conventions, and other laws. The KSLOF Reef Maps GIS products and data contain materials licensed by third parties, and the licensors of those materials may enforce their rights in the event of any violation of this License Agreement.
B. You may not transfer your rights and obligations under the License Agreement to another without the express written consent of Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation.
3. Responsibilities of End User.
A. Subject to the license granted hereunder, you may not create derivative products from KSLOF Reef Maps GIS and associated data files unless the derivative product conspicuously acknowledges in writing that the data or files subject to this License Agreement are used courtesy of the Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation.
B. You agree that you shall not, under any circumstances:
(i) sell, grant a security interest in or transfer reproductions of any KSLOF Reef Maps GIS, and associated data files, to other parties in any way not expressly authorized herein, nor shall you rent, lease or license the KSLOF Reef Maps GIS products or data to others;
(ii) exploit the KSLOF Reef Maps GIS files or any of its parts for any commercial purpose whatsoever.
4. Termination. This License Agreement is effective until terminated. You may terminate the License Agreement at any time by (i) permanently destroying all copies of the KSLOF Reef Maps GIS Files in your possession or control; or (ii) notifying Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation of your intention to terminate this License Agreement. Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation may terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason or no reason. In such event, you must immediately and permanently destroy all copies of the KSLOF Reef Maps GIS Files in your possession and control, and remove any associated data files from your hard drive. Upon termination of this Agreement for any reason, all licenses granted herein shall immediately terminate.
5. Limited Warranty. THE KSLOF REEF MAPS GIS DOWNLOAD TOOL AND DATA FILES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF CONDITION, UNINTERRUPTED USE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. The entire risk arising out of use or performance of the KSLOF Reef Maps GIS Files or download tool remains with the user.
6. Limitation of Liability, Indemnity. KHALED BIN SULTAN LIVING OCEANS FOUNDATION SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF THE KSLOF REEF MAPS GIS DOWNLOAD TOOL OR THE ASSOCIATED DATA FILES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES. KHALED BIN SULTAN LIVING OCEANS FOUNDATION SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INTERRUPTIONS OF SERVICE, SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE FAILURES, OR ANY OTHER EVENT WHICH MAY RESULT IN A LOSS OF DATA OR DISRUPTION OF SERVICE. IN NO EVENT WILL KHALED BIN SULTAN LIVING OCEANS FOUNDATION BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. You hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation harmless from and against any claim, liability, loss, injury, damage, cost or expense (including reasonable attorneys' fees) incurred by Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation arising out of or from your use of the KSLOF Reef Maps GIS download tool or associated Data Files. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
7. Equitable Remedies. You hereby agree that Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation would be irreparably damaged if the terms of this License Agreement were not specifically enforced, and therefore you agree that Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation shall be entitled, without bond, other security, or proof of damages, to appropriate equitable remedies with respect to breaches of this License Agreement, in addition to such other remedies as Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation may otherwise have available to it under applicable laws. In the event any litigation is brought by either party in connection with this License Agreement, the prevailing party in such litigation shall be entitled to recover from the other party all the costs, attorneys' fees, and other expenses incurred by such prevailing party in the litigation.
8. Changes to the Agreement. Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add to, supplement or delete any of the terms and conditions of this License Agreement. If any future changes to this License Agreement are unacceptable to you, or cause you to no longer be in compliance with this License Agreement, you may terminate this License Agreement in accordance with Section 4 herein. You have no interest, monetary or otherwise, in any feature or content contained in the KSLOF Reef Maps GIS download tool or associated data files.
9. Dispute Resolution and Governing Law
A. Informal Negotiations. To expedite resolution and control the cost of any dispute, controversy or claim related to this License Agreement, or your use of the KSLOF Reef Maps GIS ("Dispute"), you and Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation agree to first attempt to negotiate any Dispute (except those Disputes expressly provided below) informally for at least 30 days before initiating any arbitration or court proceeding. Such informal negotiations commence upon written notice from one person to the other. You will send your notice to Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation, 130 Severn Ave, Suite 100, Annapolis, MD, 21403.
B. Binding Arbitration. If you and Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation are unable to resolve a Dispute through informal negotiations, either you or Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation may elect to have the Dispute finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration. Except as otherwise expressly provided in this Agreement, any election to arbitrate by one party shall be final and binding on the other. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ABSENT THIS PROVISION, YOU WOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A JURY TRIAL. The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone or online. The arbitrator will make a decision in writing, but need not provide a statement of reasons unless requested by a party. The arbitrator must follow applicable law. Except as otherwise expressly provided in this Agreement, you and Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation may litigate in court to compel arbitration, stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to confirm or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
C. Restrictions. You and Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation agree that any arbitration shall be limited to the Dispute between Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation and you individually. To the full extent permitted by law, (1) no arbitration shall be joined with any other; (2) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be arbitrated on a class-action basis or to utilize class action procedures; and (3) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public or any other persons.
D. Exceptions to Informal Negotiations and Arbitration. Notwithstanding the foregoing provisions of this Agreement, you and Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation agree that the following Disputes are not subject to the above provisions concerning informal negotiations and binding arbitration: (1) any Disputes seeking to enforce or protect, or concerning the validity of, any of your or Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation’s intellectual property rights; (2) any Dispute related to, or arising from, allegations of theft, piracy, invasion of privacy or unauthorized use of materials subject to this Agreement; and (3) any claim for injunctive relief.
E. Location. If you are a resident of the United States, any arbitration will take place at any reasonable location suitable to the parties to this Agreement. For residents outside the United States, any arbitration shll be initiated in the County of San Diego, State of California, United States of America. Any Dispute not subject to arbitration (other than claims proceeding in any small claims court), or where no election to arbitrate has been made, shall be decided by a court of competent jurisdiction within the County of San Diego, State of California, United States of America, and you and Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of that court.
F. Governing Law. Except as expressly provided otherwise, this License Agreement shall be is governed by, and will be construed under, the Laws of the United States of America and the law of the State of California, without regard to choice of law principles.
G. Severability. You and Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation agree that if any portion of this Section 10 is found illegal or unenforceable (except any portion of 10(B)) that portion shall be severed and the remainder of the Section shall be given full force and effect. If Section 10(B) is found to be illegal or unenforceable then neither you nor Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation will elect to arbitrate any Dispute falling within that portion of Section 10(B) found to be illegal or unenforceable and such Dispute shall be decided by a court of competent jurisdiction within the County of San Diego, State of California, United States of America, and you and Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of that court.
10. Miscellaneous. This License Agreement constitutes and contains the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any prior oral or written agreements.
I hereby acknowledge that I have read and understand the foregoing License Agreement and agree that by using the KSLOF Reef Maps GIS or otherwise accessing the associated KSLOF Reef Maps GIS Data Files, I am acknowledging my agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of this License Agreement.
© 2013 Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation, Inc. All rights reserved.
© Khaled Bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation